WANTED: 1955 President State Coupe of 1956 Golden Hawk

Guest colt45sa

Guest colt45sa

I would like to buy a 1955 President State Coupe or a 1956 Golden Hawk. I want a decent car not in need of major work. I'm also not looking for a 'trailer queen'. Like most Studebaker nuts, I don't have train loads of money. I'm a retired 74 y.o. who will drive my Studebaker. In the meantime, if you know of anyone who wants to buy a full restored '57 bone stock Chevy with 3-on-the-tree, tell them I want to sell mine. I'm at colt45sa@hotmail.com

Colt45,

Your '55 President coupe will be the 259 cid Studebaker engine, while the '56 GH will have the 352 Packard plant.

Have you posted your inquiry to the Studebaker Drivers Club forum? The AACA Studebaker page is primarily pre-war cars but the SDC forum is frenetically post-war.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/

You can also place a want ad in the SDC monthly Turning Wheels. Ad is free if you are a member of SDC.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/index.asp

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)

FWIW, I've owned both. The '55 is by far the better driver and less expensive to buy and own.

However, you're like me and an old guy who can't take it with him. The '56 Golden Hawk is the ne plus ultra of the '50s Studes. It's fast, beautiful and fun. Go for the gusto.

jack vines

Colt,

Timing is everything!

RAFFLE UPDATE !!!

Yes, indeed; the '51 Land Cruiser chances are gone! I can't express how gratified we are that you folks support this annual effort. Your willingness to speculate on acquiring an extraordinarily fine example of a drivable show car for minimal investment has been of huge benefit to the sources and resources we are able to support: National Museum, National Association, ever close to our hearts Wounded Warriors, active troops and veterans. If you have suggestions on worthy causes and recognitions, please share them.

With no more chances available on the Land Cruiser, the 2016 Raffle offering is a gorgeous '55 President State Coupe with matching numbers and 39,000 original miles. I just got this email from Gordon.

"Car Details: 259 V-8 (original) engine with 39,000 original miles. Engine runs strong. I have driven the car on 100 mile trips with no issues. 3 Speed standard transmission with working overdrive. Brakes, clutch, lights, wipers, heater, turn signals and radio all work. Garage-kept car since new. Yellow was repainted once - green is original. wide whitewalls, dual exhaust, Studie wire wheels, great chrome and brightwork Interior - very nice !"

The online order link for this 2016 raffle should be up and running within the week. Check the KRC web site

http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com/

Both vehicles will be on display in Hort Hall at the Studebaker York Swap Meet in three weeks..

attachment.php?attachmentid=41222&d=1423886664&thumb=1 attachment.php?attachmentid=41223&d=1423886713&thumb=1 attachment.php?attachmentid=41224&d=1423886762&thumb=1 attachment.php?attachmentid=41225&d=1423886802&thumb=1