Riviera Wheel Bolt Pattern

MrEarl

Perhaps this will help. The front shoes are 12" x 2-1/4" and the rears are 12" x 2". If I remember correctly the rears on the early model Buicks were 12 x 2-1/4". At least that's why I bought some '56 backing plates - so I could put the larger aluminum drums on the back of my Riviera. (Never did it though.) Take the tape measure from your wife's sewing kit and measure the circumference, I'll do the same on an aluminum drum that's on the shelf. If you'll give me the back spacing on the KH wheels, I'll compare it to the Riviera steel wheels I have in the garage.

Ed

Googled and found this drop dead gorgeous thing on the HAMB. It appears they will fit and IMO are breathtakingly beautiful on this 65

post-31987-14314296906_thumb.jpg

Brake shoe widths on the 54-55 Roadmaster's are 2.50" Ed, so I'm thinking they will "work". I will get that measurement you mentioned anyway though.

post-31987-143142969048_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142969052_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142969057_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It's in the title of the thread. Will KH wires fit on a Riviera?

What will work on a 1st or 2nd generation Riv with drum brakes won't necessarily work on a later Riv with disc brakes, or an even later one with front wheel drive----therefore my question.

I don't know..comparing to mine, looks like the real deal to me. It is hard to tell from pictures though.

DSCN1408_zpsa160920f.jpg

And the reason I brought this up is I have an extra set of pretty nice drivers I have been considering selling but just wondered if I should hold on to them. Just in case... someday....maybe...

that's a beautiful combination, 1965 riviera & skylark wire wheels, i almost put skylark wires on my 1953 pontiac chieftain custom catalina, but the rear spinners would have meant that the fender skirts had to be left off, and i wasn't having none of that. so i went with the 1953 olds wire wheel hubcaps, which clears the fender skirts even with using olds 15x6 wheels instead of pontiac's 15x 5.5 wheels.

post-32395-143142970013_thumb.jpg

post-32395-143142970037_thumb.jpg

post-32395-14314297006_thumb.jpg

Guest mstanleyfl
I don't know..comparing to mine, looks like the real deal to me. It is hard to tell from pictures though.

DSCN1408_zpsa160920f.jpg

And the reason I brought this up is I have an extra set of pretty nice drivers I have been considering selling but just wondered if I should hold on to them. Just in case... someday....maybe...

You know as soon as you sell 'em a 1st Gen calling your name will pop up......

• 2 months later...
Guest slacker1965

stock 54 special wheel bolted up fine to the front of my rustbucket 63.... the 63 5 spoke wheel doesn't work so good on the 54 though..... hope this helps.....