Interchangeability of distributor for '31 CD8 Roadster Engine

Gunsmoke

Have been looking for a good distributor for a '31 Dodge DG8 engine I picked up to use in my '31 Chrysler CD8 Roadster project. I understand the '31 DG8 and '31 CD8 blocks were the same except for stamping ID. Does a Distributor for any other engines fit this block properly, such as from a '30 Dodge DC8, or later model straight 8 Dodge, Chrysler, DeSoto etc. Saw one for sale on eBay recently asking $150, it did not sell may try to buy it if it relists, it was from a DG8. I have a later Hollands interchange book (dated 1948) but it does not cover this item. Thanks.

Looking at one of my interchange books, I see that the 1931 DB DG8 distributor is a Delco-Remy #4092. I see no other #4092 distributors listed for any other make/model car. You will have to get a hold of "ScottsDG8" again to see if he has an extra.

thanks for that K31. The dist buddy had on eBay was Delco-Remy, had model #660G, serial #10570. I'm going to have to do some more checking. I may google Delco remy Dist's and see what shows up as a chart. I've done the google search, one of the internet suppliers of small Delco-Remy parts lists the Delco-Remy 660G,and 660U distributors as being for Chrysler 8's 1930-1936. First Straight 8 Chryslers I think were 1931 Models built in second half of 1930, as model CD8's. So the eBay listing was likely from a CD8 motor. The Dodge DG8 was listed in this guys index, but did not show a Dist model#, perhaps #4092 is correct for Dodge DG8. Just what the subtle differences may be, well we need an expert! I understand the Chrysler unit had dual points.

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...