Horn wire routing 1950 dodge meadowbrook

Guest teddj

Restoring a 1950 dodge Meadowbrook and have a question regarding the horn. I have found all the parts related to the horn and need to know how to route the horn wire. the wire has been removed and I need to know if it runs in the hollow steering shaft and exits to where bottom of jacket outside ? I don't see where the wire comes out of the the column jacket.

Ted

Ok the wire runs down to the bottom of the shaft. Does it exit in the car at the bottom of the tube or outside at the bottom of the column tube. There is a clamp at the bottom of the tube where it connects to the steering gear and I don't see a hole where it would come out.

Ok update on meadowbrook horn wire. I have the entire steering column out of the vehicle as far as I see the hollow steering shaft stayed in the car because it connects directly with the steering gear box. Yes it's hollow but there is no way the horn wire runs down into the steering gear box. For one thing it's full of oil and the steering jacket only contains the turn signal switch which has 6 wires. I do not see where the horn wire could exit the column and go to the relay. although the shop manual shows the steering wheel side and shows a brake down of all the parts it does not show where the wire exits the column, all it tells you is the wire is disconnected near the bottom of the column on some models so it is not clear at all. So how it is routed is still a puzzle.