Barn Find looking for make modle and year

Guest james brown

I don't know what the engine is but it is not Dodge (four or six) and it is not Citroen. I think it might be Willys Jeep(?). The car is not a Citroen 'traction' as it does not have front wheel drive.

I realize that it is NOT a Citroen. I was merely stating that it looks like one to me. It does look like a Jeep engine and those are definitely altered 1928 DB hood and radiator shell.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Whoever did that conversion did a fairly nice job, took a 20's look and changed it to a good clean looking 30's design....I'm not in favor of chopping, but this was well done it appears...

I agree, not a fan of street rods, but this one has been executed nicely. The front end, almost has a Ruxton look to it.

I don't think it's a Ruxton. Looking at that body design, the raked windshield and curve around the windows as well as the cut of the doors looks 33-34 in design style while the shell says pre 32. Especially with the modified headlights and front bumper I would say it's what Curti originally thought a well executed custom with a bit of a Ruxton look to it.

I believe the terms you are looking for are chopped, channeled and sectioned. Chopping refers to the roof... which this one may or may not have been depending on the original body. Channeling is done by moving the body down on the frame, sectioning refers to the mid-section that has been removed from this car's body. Pay attention, there will be a test later.

WOW Curti. You are the man! It is a Ruxton! The early ones did not have the iconic headlights.

So much for my chopped hot rod theory.

I could not find a photo of a 5 window coupe. It might be a rare one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294243[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]294244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]294245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]294246[/ATTACH]

The car with the green coupe body is not a Ruxton but a Bugatti, one of the big ones, I think a Type 50 Million-Guiet coupe.

The more I look at it the more I like it. I'd finish the ends of the fenders (taper in to body), different headlights preferably Woodlites, nicer (wire) wheels, and make a built in trunk that goes from fender to fender.....it could be a great looking car....very interesting...

It is a good looking car. I can remember back in the 70's there was a publication called Rod Action that did an art pictorial on cars modified like this to make them look like a classier type of hot rod. Possibly this car was inspired by the pictures. The back bumper works ok, but I would either remove the front one or go for something older. The fenders would be good tapered, but maybe not all the way in with a very narrow running board. I can see the body in charcoal or maroon with black fenders.

Guest james brown

Thanks for all the info I will past it along to my friend not sure if he is going to fit it up or sale this car but its sure a nice car and looks like a good project to take on