Interested in purchasing my first TC - need suggestions.

Guest jemm

I know little about cars and engines, but have always enjoyed seeing antique and classic cars. I own a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser and enjoy it, but would love to own a TC. I do not know which year - 1989, 1990, 1991 - is the best for me. I would prefer an automatic shift but learned to drive stick shift in 1958 and our family owned manual shift cars, jeeps, and vans until 1994. Any suggestions on purchasing my Chrysler Maserati TC would be invaluable to me. Thanks!

I know little about cars and engines, but have always enjoyed seeing antique and classic cars. I own a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser and enjoy it, but would love to own a TC. I do not know which year - 1989, 1990, 1991 - is the best for me. I would prefer an automatic shift but learned to drive stick shift in 1958 and our family owned manual shift cars, jeeps, and vans until 1994. Any suggestions on purchasing my Chrysler Maserati TC would be invaluable to me. Thanks!
Since you learned to drive a stick shift in 1958, you are a senior citizen as I am.

That being said, I would recommend a 90 or 91 TC with the 3.0L engine. You will see that I own 2 Turbo 4 cylinder cars, and enjoy them extremely for their power and performance, yet I also drive a 3.0L Voyager van. It is the most reliable combination for a general driver. The TC with the 3.0L will give you the luxury car feel and smooth performance.

do your homework and find a low mileage, well maintained automobile. Contact TC America at TCMaseratiClub@gmail.com for more information from club president Karleen Tarola.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Corrales Kid

I would like to sell my 1990 TC (light yellow with black interior). It is one of the best in the country in excellent condition. It has 52,000 miles. Body, both tops, interior leather, etc. is all in great shape. It has the easy to maintain Chrysler V-6 with automatic transmission. New stereo, new Pirelli tires. This car won the "People's Choice Award" (I think that's what it was called) at the TC convention about three years ago.

Best of all, it is close by in Albuquerque. I am presently in Scottsdale with our motorhome and available to talk if you are interested. My cellphone is 505 414-4871

Peter Rachtman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alfieri

If you know little about cars and mechanic's etc. as you described, I'd say that the Mas TC is or may not be for you or best suitable for you, unless of course you,... Number one, have an 'EXTREME', STRONG' desire for the car and then, two, can afford the high cost of a qualified mechanic to work on it. .... I, for myself,... bought ALL the repair mans. I could find and with hopes I with my high Mech. skills will be able to figuare it out. Even with all that said, i'm in question of my own abilities to make things happen the way I plan with my newly purchased TC. ............. What I keep telling myself, ... Weigh the costs.

If you know little about cars and mechanic's etc. as you described, I'd say that the Mas TC is or may not be for you or best suitable for you, unless of course you,... Number one, have an 'EXTREME', STRONG' desire for the car and then, two, can afford the high cost of a qualified mechanic to work on it. .... I, for myself,... bought ALL the repair manuals I could find and with hopes I, with my high mechanical skills, will be able to figuare it out. Even with all that said, I'm in question of my own abilities to make things happen the way I plan with my newly purchased TC. ............. What I keep telling myself, ... Weigh the costs.

Jemm you wrote "I know little about cars and engines, but have always enjoyed seeing antique and classic cars. I own a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser and enjoy it, but would love to own a TC."

Owning a TC is nowhere as bad as described above. It is just another Chrysler product with a platform heritage going back to the 80's K cars. I have owned mine for 20 years and it is a great driving car. I drove it cross country in 2013, over 7,500 miles...Trouble-free.

If you buy one with a 3.0L engine, it will be like owning a New Yorker. Same stuff underneath that Maserati made sheet metal, using normal Chrysler accessories. The MAJOR difference is the Teves ABS Brake system.

So if you are longing to own a TC, don't be afraid. Just do some good preliminary shopping and testing before you commit.

I appreciate all the help I have received on this forum, from the club president, from Hemi, from Larry, and all of you who wereso kind to help me find my TC. I am sooooo eager to purchase my TC on or about March 22, weather permitting. It is snowing here tonight in the White Mountains. I feel llike you are all family to me and any help anyone needs, they can simply ask for it in this forum. Thank you all so much.

Guest alfieri

I am soo! very happy for, .. you Jemm, that you , after, ... making your mind over, moved forward and .... definitly have showed the ................' EXTREME,' STRONG'................ that I mentioned in a previous thread. You are not out on you're own with this one , the dedicated TC members will help you through.