Help identifying hubcap from a Scovill wood spoke wheel.

Guest vincode

Guest vincode

Hi Everybody, I was hoping someone might be able to identify the logo on the hupcaps that are on this set of Scovill wood spoke wheels. There's not a lot of information available on the early Sayers & Scovill built cars and trucks. Its difficult to tell what color they were originally, possibly black, the red appears hand painted. These could be off an ambulance, or maybe a hearse. 17" wheel 5x5 1/2 with lugnuts stamped 1 1/4. I haven't been able to id the logo on the cap. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

post-106316-143142961716_thumb.jpg

post-106316-143142961724_thumb.jpg

post-106316-143142961743_thumb.jpg

Edited by vincode (see edit history)

Guest vincode

I've looked at a lot of pictures and haven't seen this logo on any other Sayers Scovill. It sounds like they built a lot of custom vehicles, could this be for a specific company?

Guest vincode

The hubcap logo looks like the 31' 32' Oldsmobile. So would have Sayers&Scovill used Oldsmobile chassis, and then replaced the wheels with an updated wheel built by Scovill to possibly handle more weight? I'm just curious why the wheels are stamped "Scovill" and the hubcaps are from a Oldsmobile.