69 A727 Auto Trans Question

I've a question on the A727 Auto Trans. Are all A727 transmission dipstick and tubes the same across the different models. I'm missing the dipstick for my transmisssion which is in my '69 Dodge Sportsman van. I've been looking and so far haven't found a dipstick so woundered if the same dipstick and tube was used in all A727 transmissions. If it is I'll start looking for a replacement dipstick and tube. If it makes a difference it is for the 318 V8. Thanks for any info you can provide, Scott...

Some vans and trucks used a long dipstick. But you can use any tube with the stick that matches.

When you go to the U-pull it bring a wrench as there is a tab on the tube that goes under one of the bell housing bolts. Other than that the resistance of an o-ring is all that holds it.

If your van has a long tube it may be more difficult to find, so if you use one from a car you will have to take the dog house to check the tranny.

Jack, Thanks for the reply. It's good to hear that the tubes are pretty much the same other than length. I don't think lenght will be an issue as lifting the dog house lid gives pretty much full access so if the tube comes up near the top of the head it should work out fine then. The only problem is that we do not have a "U-Pull' type of yard in the area but I know what to look for now. I'll also take a moment to measure the tube to ensure I find one at least as long as the current/stock one currently there. Again, thanks. Scott...