1965 Buicks are 50 years old. How many will be coming to Springfield MO?

shart

I have a special affinity for this year because I grew up with these cars in my family. I now own four. I’d like to see a bunch in Springfield. We can park together and “kick” tires about ‘65’s. I’m going to try and bring three of my four.

This will be a great opportunity to celebrate some of Buick's best designs. The iconic 1965 Riviera with the vertical hidden headlights and the introduction of the Gran Sport, to name a few. In past meets, it has been an organized focus by the meet planners and then just a matter of getting the word out. A few successful attempts included the outstanding gathering of over 50 1959 Buicks at the Colorado show in 2009, and the fabulous collection of 1936-1938 Buicks that showed up in Charlotte. Thank Brian DePouli for that one. As far as I know, there has not been a call from anyone running the meet this year. That's not to say it can't happen. Just get the word out and challenge anyone with a 1965 Buick to bring it and lets see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nut465GS

I plan to be there with two 1965 Skylark Gran Sport convertibles. Hopefully I will finish the restoration of the second convertible in time. John

These are the 1965 Buicks currently registered for 2015. Registrations are still early, though. I typically will receive about half of all registrations in the final month before deadline. 3 GS, 2 Wildcats, 1 Skylark, 2 Rivieras. Get yours in now so we can keep a running count and keep interest up. I will update these figures as we get closer.

I belong to the Pontiac-Oakland Club, and what they do each year is honor the 50th and 75th

anniversaries of the Pontiac models that have reached that milestone. They park them all together

and have a popular vote award for the favorite of each one handed out at the awards ceremony. This

generates a lot of interest and lots of people show up with their cars when they turn 50 or 75. Pontiac

isn't eligible for a 100th anniversary award as the first one didn't get built till 1926.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...