Stainless Steel ring to hold headlight lens on 1936 thru 1938 - part 264764 - Source needed

Local club member is completing restoration on his 1938 two door sedan and the restoration shop has lost the stainless steel rings that hold the headlamp lens in place. I think the part # is 264764 and was used from 1936 thru 1938. I think several makes used a similar arrangement - does anyone know of source for this stainless?

Edited by Cowtown Commander
edit title (see edit history)

At work now but let me look in my stash. If I have a couple I will let you know. Others may also as many cars have been switched to sealed beams and may not use the ring. Also, the ring does not hold the headlight in place, it is just a trim ring. Does your friend know how to install the headlights.

Dang it to each of you- I was "sure" I had two rings but do not. I am not trying to weasel out of this- I cannot find them if I ever had them.

Right now I also can't find my Ford parts book from one of the many suppliers, but this one, if I remember correctly, had stainless rings for Ford

Headlights, and if I remember, cheap. If I can find the catalog I will post the name and even look up the part # and phone number. Anyone

out there who knows what I am referring to?

Tom Lewis and another source both pointed to Don Axlerod and I got his phone number and forward it our local member. Thanks for the e-mail listing Robert as I could never seem to find that on google.

I will try and follow up and inform everyone regarding what our local member finds out from Don Axlerod. I too thought that I had seen it offerred in one of the Ford vendors & had checked Dennis Carpender, Mac's and Synders on line listings and didn't find it but they may be a source of economical reflectors.

From what I have seen on e-bay I think some Chrysler products used the same lens as the 36-38 Studebaker part 265588 lens. I would think that the Chrysler folks would be using the same sort of ring - hopefully that creates enough of a market for someone to source this item.

My 38 7A came with some sealed beam "Hot Rod" lights installed on the fenders but had the originals or at least most of the parts for the originals in a box - I haven't determinded what is ther as I would like to go with the 8A headlamps and have a couple of sets of lights, and the drivers side fender.

Thanks to all for their assistance & hope to provide an answer regarding a source.

PS to all of this. If you are going through your headlight system, it might be a good idea to add relays while doing it. It is my understanding that they add a margin of safety (fuses) as well as better lighting which we all agree is a good idea. I can get anyone a source for information on this if interested.

I stumbled on this accidentally as my Coupe had relays from ages ago, and my dad was always the mechanic for it since new (belonged to my grandfather.) so he had to have felt it was important to do it sometime way back. I thought they were factory, but of course they are not and I added relays to my CE restoration when rewiring it. I think I will add a third relay for the foglights as well since I have a spare.