Please ID what years Stutz this firewall is from. THANKS!

George Albright

I just acquired this nice Stutz firewall. Please help ID what years cars it goes to. Firewall is 32 inches high and 36 inches wide. Sorry as of right now I cannot post a larger version of the photo. The holes for the instruments should make it and easy ID for a Stutz guy. Sincerely George Albright,Ocala,Fla. email gnalbright@gmail.com cell 352 843 1624 weekdays 10-4 EST

post-62459-143142959002_thumb.png

Hi George, I also looked at this firewall when it was on eBay last week and I concluded that, if indeed it is Stutz which is not certain, then it is likely from an early 1920's Stutz fire truck. The eBay seller had other Stutz fire truck items for sale. It does not look like any Stutz car firewall that I have ever seen! The early Stutz fire trucks had metal firewalls in this exact shape and they also had metal side supports positioned roughly two inches in from the outer edge -- as is the case with your firewall supports (see the bolt holes). The photo you have included is actually taken from the engine side of the firewall and not from the driver's side. Therefore, from the driver's side the instrument holes are reversed.

The top four instrument holes are almost exactly the same as the holes in the 1920 Stutz Model A Triple Combination Fire Truck dashboard,</SPAN></SPAN> as you can see from the following webphotos:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/lightbox?advertid=2930807&index=4&link=false

In the photo of the side of the fire truck you can see the position of the metal side supports. In the photo of the dashboard you can see that the position of the four top instruments match almost exactly your four top instrument holes from the driver's side of the firewall.

post-71322-143142959872_thumb.jpg

If you google "1920 Stutz Model A Triple Combination Fire Truck" you will find more photos.

Here are two photos from the dashboard of a "1923 Stutz Model K Baby Fire Truck" that also look remarkably similar to the reverse side (the driver's side) of your firewall taken from the following webpage:

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ei=-RTQVO_CIImsU7TYgfgO&ved=0CBQQsAQ&q=1923%20Stutz%20Model%20K%20Baby%20Fire%20Truck&tbm=isch</SPAN></SPAN>

post-71322-143142959879_thumb.jpg

I am not saying that your firewall is from either of these Stutz fire truck models, but your firewall is very similar and the holes are in almost exactly the same position as your firewall as seen from the driver's side.

Cheers, James

post-71322-143142959862_thumb.jpg

post-71322-143142959874_thumb.jpg