LOST: James Dean's Country Squire

Guest Hoosier

Guest Hoosier

I recently joined this forum in hopes of gaining knowledge about James Dean, and specifically the cars that he drove. I'm currently conducting a historical research project on the actor/icon, in hopes of being published by the Indiana Historical Society or a similar organization. Our project has been conducting research for several months now, and we have learned a lot of useful information.

I know that another Hoosier on the forum knew that Dean owned a 1955 Ford Country Squire--most people don't. He was a Porsche enthusiast, and few realize that he had other automotive interests. I have found some excellent information about the actual model of Country Squire Dean owned--the specifications, color etc. What we would really like to know is what happened to the vehicle after Dean's death. Does anyone have any knowledge on where the vehicle went? Have you have ever been to a car show/festival, etc, where someone has claimed to have the vehicle. To me, it seems like it would be worth a pretty penny.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike