1950 or 1951 Battery Hold Down Strap with Heat Shield

Guest huskerman

Guest huskerman

Hello,

Looking for a 1950 or 1951 Battery Hold Down Strap with Heat Shield. This is Buick Group 2.335 and Part # 1338746.

Shown in this screenshot from the Buick Parts book as item E.

Thanks,

Jeffpost-98735-143142957112_thumb.jpg

When I checked the Buick parts book it listed a different part for Roadmaster becuz they used a more powerful battery to spin the bigger 320 engine. Its longer.Looking for a 1950 or 1951 Battery Hold Down Strap with Heat Shield. This is Buick Group 2.335 and Part # 1338746. -----------------------------

Shown in this screenshot from the Buick Parts book as item E.

Thanks,

Jeff[ATTACH=CONFIG]293343[/ATTACH]

Hi, Greg. These days, there is only one 6v battery group size available for the 1938 to 1952 Buicks, if a guy wants to go totally original. That is designated as Group 2E. I believe this group is available only from the reproduction vintage battery vendors (script DELCO on the case, yellow logo caps, etc.). Most guys use the much less expensive Group 3EH 6v battery in their 1938 to 1952 Buicks. This one is available over-the-counter in just about every auto parts store AND farm supply place. It is just a hair wider than the 2E, but you can't tell by looking. I've never had a problem getting the stock Buick straight eight battery holdown/heat shield on the 3EH. John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

Hey John. I found I could buy a real quality battery from the John Deere dealership where I used to work. It weighed a lot more than the one my friend bought from Mills Fleet Farm, hmm, wonder why? But it did cost considerably more. Lasted about 7 years of deep cycling from forgetting to keep it charged in winter, but can't say if worth the extra cost over discount farm store batteries or not, just warm fuzzies prolly!