EXCESSIVE Leak on my '49 Roadmaster Dynaflow tranny...

Guest Jerrys 49

Guest Jerrys 49

Ok. So my '49 roadmaster has been fine and real fun to drive. I now have an excessive transmission leak though. Sucks! It happened when I accidentally shifted into low gear at around 30MPH. Once I got home I noticed the massive amount of bleeding coming from the transmission. It seems to be leaking from the front (I know.. bad news) of the tranny and you can see the fluid spewing out from the bellhousing cover. I removed the cover and the inspection plate, checked my drain plugs on the torque converter and they seem nice and snug. Red tranny fluid noticeable on the flywheel.. The fluid is nice and red. Tonight, while messing around I decided to fire her up for a while. Bad leak still.. but I did notice another location leaking tranny fluid as well.. I saw it in the engine compartment towards the firewall where the block butts up against the tranny right above the starter. Seems to be pumping out from the seam between the block and tranny right next to an angle shaped plate!! I attached a photo of this area... Also, if anyone knows of an ol timer or one who could help me out around the Inland Empire area / Southern California it would be MUCH appreciated (shops e.t.c...).

Jerrys 49

post-82409-143142956473_thumb.jpg

post-82409-143142956502_thumb.jpg