28 Hupp Lower Rad Hose and Timing Chain

Guest twinx1649

Guest twinx1649

[ATTACH=CONFIG]293145[/ATTACH]

I have a 28" Hupp model A rumble seat coupe and I'm looking for a replacement lower 1 1/4" rad hose with the heater hose fitting attached; does anyone have a cross reference part or a way to adapt a heater hose fitting? I'm also looking for a cross reference for a timing chain replacement as mine has no more adjustment room left.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jim Mc

313 909 3000

post-82432-143142955911_thumb.jpg

Edited by twinx1649 (see edit history)

Ok, looks like to me, that you can take the heater part that you need out of the hose that you show in the pic and put it in a new hose.Timing chain, It is 3/8x 1 1/4 82 c.g. 3 different manufacturers are Duckworth part #823. Whitney Part #c-105-82. Morse #1113 This should give you a place to start.

Guest twinx1649
Ok, looks like to me, that you can take the heater part that you need out of the hose that you show in the pic and put it in a new hose.Timing chain, It is 3/8x 1 1/4 82 c.g. 3 different manufacturers are Duckworth part #823. Whitney Part #c-105-82. Morse #1113 This should give you a place to start.

Thank you for the helpful information. I was hoping to leave the rad hose intact since it isn't leaking (hose is old though) and find a suitable replacement fitting that would adapt to a new 1 1/4" hose. My fear is that if I damage it during disassembly I won't be able to connect the heater core unless I tap into the cooling system some other way.

Thanks again for all the information.

Jim Mc.

Guest twinx1649
Sweet to look at, great car to drive, Good 6 cyl power. Did you find the parts you needed yet?

I'm still looking and need to make some calls...

Thanks for all the help.