Greetings from Costa Rica

Guest RafaPintoCR

Guest RafaPintoCR

Hello, my name is Rafael Pinto and I have been a member of AACA for more tan 15 years, I am an active member from the Costa Rica Chapter, from outside USA and has join this Fórum to learn and look for help. Regards to all.

Welcome to the FORUM Rafael.

What types of vehicles do you own, and what are your interests?

Have you attended any AACA national activities?

Guest AlCapone

Welcome to our new friend. Thus morning it is minus 16 degrees in Canada but I am sure you have it much warmer. Please post pictures of yours and other member cars. This site loves photographs. Keep in touch regularly ! Wayne

Guest RafaPintoCR

Hello you all:

Thanks for your Greetings and welcome to the Forum.

Our Club called "Club de Autos Antiguos de Costa Rica" has 20 years since it was founded, and I am one of the two members of the Board that are in it since foundation in 1994.

As to our Antique car park, you can check our website, which by the way has been chosen by AACA as one of the best in years 2013 and 2014, the link is:

http://www.autosantiguos.org/

I myself have a Mercedes Benz Model 170S year 1950 that I purchase in 1995 in near Gatlinburg Tennesee and brought it to Costa Rica. There are only three vehicles of them, mine with a gasolina engine and the other two with diesel engines as they were imported to Costa Rica by Mercedes Benz Dealers in those days. Check this link of my car when it was chosen as car of the month in 2009: http://autosantiguos.com/cdemes_mayo09.php

In reference to assistance to AACA events, we have some members that have been at Hearshey and they have brought us a lot of pictures and have enjoyed the events very much.

We have a Club that we call the Central America Antique Car Club Federation which is composed by all Central America Antique Car Clubs: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panamá and we have a Regional meeting every year in one of the countries. Last year it was in Costa Rica, we got people from all Central America, México, Argentina, Colombia and some other South American countries.

This year the Convention is in Guatemala in May.

I have not been in the Fórum for long time, mainly it was some years ago when a friend that was writing a book of old Costa Rica day and there were some old cars of the 20´s and 30´s that he wanted me to help to get the brands and appoximate years of them.

In this moment, this same guy is publishing his third book with old pictures and have requested me again to help him.

Here below is the picture to see if someone can help me.

Just for your information, my name is Rafael Pinto and I am the Parts Manager for Costa Rica FORD Dealer for all our country and if you need anything from me or happens to visit our country, specially these days were we are warm and sunny, please let me know and I will be glad to help you. My e-mail is: rpinto13@gmail.com

I will be getting more often here at the fórum. Have a nice weekend.

post-49308-143142956569_thumb.jpg

Edited by RafaPintoCR (see edit history)

Guest AlCapone

In the later part of my career with the Canadian Government I spent a few weeks in San Jose. I truly loved it. Maybe because of the area I was in but I don't remember seeing any antique cars ! Are there many ?

Wayne

p.s. When I left they gave me a basket of island chocolate, coffee and pineapple. My question...does pineapple grow from a seed and if so how long does it take ?

Guest RafaPintoCR

Dandy, thanks to you too, for all your investigation and information in reference to this Oldsmobile. The video of the ride was also very nice.

Guest RafaPintoCR

Hi AlCapone, thanks for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Costa Rica. We have an Antique Car Park of about 500 vehicles but normally you will not see them during the week. On weekends, there are different clubs that make some trips, for example this next weekend, our Club and Mustang Club, will have a trip to the beach wich is around 100 miles from San José, the Capital City. We have to go thru the mountain, so it is a trip that takes some hour and a half to get there. January to April is our non rainy season, we say Sumer so this is the time to get the old cars out to enjoy them.

Regards to all of you!