wheel rim identification

Guest formam

I don't think it's that old. It looks like the 15" wheels used on the 1977-1990 B-body cars (which did use the 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern on all but the HD brake cars). A look at the backside would have been helpful. Also, is it really 15x7 or is it 15x6. Many people don't know that width is measured on the INSIDE of the bead sealing surfaces, not outside-to-outside.

Depends on your definition of "older" Buick did not use the 4.75 bolt pattern until 1964 on the Special/Skylark. Many GM mid-sized cars used that bolt pattern until they changed to metric.

1964 model year cars are 51 years old. I think that meets anyone's definition of "old"...

Buick (and the rest of GM) used the 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern on every RWD A/G-body car built from 1964-1988. The same bolt pattern was used on the B-body cars without HD brakes from 1977-1985. Chevy B-body cars used this pattern through the 1970 model year, as did the Olds Jetstar 88 for 1964-66. It was also used on F-body cars (Camaro/Firebird) through 2002, X-body cars (Nova and clones) through 1979, S/T trucks through the early 2000s, and Corvettes. If this really is a 7" wide wheel, then 15x7 wheels are relatively recent (1970s-up)

It doesnt look like a b body " poverty " rim that ive seen pictures of online. It is 15 x 7 as stamped into the rim. I have added several more pictures of the rim. To craigslist. Including some letters on the rim. ( CA NA DA). seems to spell something familiar. As far as old. I used the best descriptor for the ad i could think of. Thank u for previous and future help with this.

Edited by formam (see edit history)

It's definitely a disk brake rim, as evidenced by the contour of the backside. The fact that the lug nut area is deeply recessed is also consistent with the rims on my 1980s B-body cars. My guess is that this is a 1980s vintage wheel, but the reality is, so what? It's not rare and is typical of what was used on a wide variety of GM cars.

I wasnt thinking rare. I just havent seen those extra holes on anything but 63-65 buick rivieras. What im looking for is an exact model number they came off of. Thanks.