Early headlight identification help

'72 LeSabre

Hey, does anyone know what years this light was used and what cars it could have come on. There are two bulbs mounted in the reflector. A big one in the center, and a smaller one top center. The brass tag on top has a owl in the background and says: "Eyes of the Night, Indiana Lamp Company, Connersville, Ind."

I'm assuming it's 6 volt? The front bezel swings open.

Thanks

post-57938-143142954822_thumb.jpg

post-57938-143142954809_thumb.jpg

Well, electric puts it post-1915, and the fact that it has two bulbs quite possibly puts it on a non-cowl light vehicle. The general design and fluting of the lens makes me think around 1918. I think your key to identifying the light may be to carefully record the numbers on the lens itself. The web has sites which will match that number to a particular car. I have most of what is a similar light which has a brass sticker saying "the owl", made in SanFrancisco. I believe mine was a high end spotlight which mounted at the top of the windshield post, or on a standard coming up from a running board. What little I could find out about it was that it was too expensive to sell at profit, and the company soon went out of business. If you search this site using the owl as keywords, you should be able to access that discussion. I am sure curious if these two Owl companies were related.

• 3 weeks later...