NOTICE! Buy/Sell Posting Changes!

Well, here's how it works.

As a buyer, there are always one or more would-be buyers (real or imaginary) who just miss the car because you bought it. Buying is so, so easy .....

As a seller, a lot of people think all you have to do is state "hey guys, I have a 1967 Guzzlermobile I'd think about selling", and they figure that they'll be fighting off buyers. This is fishing, of course, that I don't agree with either....say it's for sale and state a price. Reality is, in most cases, one has to work to SELL a car, it's tough when there are thousands of cars for sale at any one time....

I have a Hudson and a Lincoln for sale now, and no one is beating my door down......

Maybe we need a separate column titled "Fishing" or "Looking For Free Appraisals" or "I Know How Much I Want, But I Won't Tell You" !!!!!

If a seller doesn't want to post a price because he wants to see how much people will offer, use Ebay or an auction company. They will gladly help you get bids for your car (for a small fee, of course).

I still don't understand how you can offer free advertising and a seller can not obey a few simple and very basic rules.......

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

I still don't understand how you can offer free advertising and a seller can not obey a few simple and very basic rules.......

BINGO! It that really too much to ask?

No location no price --- NO AD. Automatic deletion.

Anyone who pays dues should have a say in this matter and I do so I hope someone is listening.

And as long as the Forum moderators are listening to

recommendations, here is one more to consider:

Please separate the huge lump-sum category into

"Cars for Sale"

"Cars Wanted"

"Parts for Sale"

"Parts Wanted"

A lump sum category would be a great idea.

As far as the price listed in the Ad I always look for the price first.

If we are honest in describing and pricing the car there will be no criticism to worry about...

I think the forums work well and the format is very nice, if another member wishes to express their opinion about a listing they should be mature enough to realize their opinion is a direct reflection of their character and therefore reveals their intent (in my humble opinion). The vast majority of people that belong to this site, paying or not, are really good people and I don't believe have malicious intent with their postings. I agree that if one is advertising anything for sale, they would be very wise to put the price in the ad, simply because educated buyers (unless the product is exactly what they want) will pass by an ad without a price (in my humble opinion).

Example: My For Sale post about my neon sign brought to my knowledge (after approximately 30+ years of looking) of the fact that there is one other sign like mine in this community. (For the gent. that has the other sign, now you know what yours is worth if you wish to sell it :D)

I could look, but it doesn't matter, but one member made a comment about the price and something about there now being two known (implying ???:D), then another member replied saying that members reply was "snarky" (hell, they probably know each other,:eek:), I thought the both reply's where truly funny and did not have anything malicious about them and if they did, oh well.

I don't condone anyone being mean spirited or trying to be-little another's post, but anyone putting an ad up can be contacted thru the site (being a member) and ask questions to the seller if their truly interested. Constructive comments and post without malice are quite entertaining and can be very helpful (educating). Again, wonderful site with some really great members, love it the way it is, thanks guys.

On that early Cadillac listed for sale without a price

and with just a vague location, 9 people at last count

have urged him to indicate a price! Nine! And he

probably hasn't checked back from his original post

to see the inquiries.

Forum moderators, do you see how unpopular the

price-less ads really are among serious forum members?