My '37 gets its interior back together

John_Mc

Guys, I've gotten an email about progress on the '37 so here goes:

Yesterday afternoon, I picked up the patched seats and new carpets. I installed both last night, using the proper clips and I'm really pleased with the results. My goal is not a show car, just a nice driver being as close to original as possible. Unless completely worn out, I will keep it.

post-51224-143142953917_thumb.jpg

post-51224-143142953972_thumb.jpg

In addition to the carpet, the windshield has been replaced, paint has been rubbed out, ignition switch now works and a bunch of other things are now completed. Also I ordered a correct replacement radio knob and both lighter knobs from Keith Lee yesterday. Once done, the car should be ready for the summer season cosmetically. Now I can start to address some of the mechanical issues such as fixing the oil leak and oil float.

post-51224-143142953945_thumb.jpg

My car was missing all the chrome bars from the interior. I've collected all of them except the long bar across the back. Can you tell how they attach? I cant tell if they screw into the floor or to the sides. Looking at your pictures, the rear arm rests look like they're floating but Im sure they're not.

Thanks

They are screwed in from the side Raul by 4 or 5 chrome screws. The overall effect is however that it is floating. Just another beautiful thing about these cars. What design masterpieces of art they are!