1912 metz for sale`

Guest mattgixxer1

Guest mattgixxer1

I have a 1912 Metz believe it is a model 22 roadster, it has a older restoration and is in very good shape. Pics are from right after i picked it up and dropped it off in my garage. I got the car from an estate with 13 others this is the last one i have left, the cars were sitting for awhile but i got all of them running so i belevie i can get this one running to and will do so if there is interest in the car. I have contcted the metz museum and am trying to get some information on the car it is a slow process lol but i know they are short staffed and busy. It is a rare car not many left am bringing it to shop nest week to try to clean it up and get some better pick. I am going to start at $28,000 but i am open to offers. Thank you

post-101454-143142953916_thumb.jpg

post-101454-143142953911_thumb.jpg

post-101454-143142953913_thumb.jpg

post-101454-143142953914_thumb.jpg

post-101454-143142953915_thumb.jpg

Nice car. Looking forward to seeing some higher resolution pictures. Post the engine number as well. I hope you get $28,000 for the car. There certainly have been a few sales for that amount or a little more. Obviously it would be better if it were running.

BTW, here is a good site for an overview of the Metz cars. http://home.earthlink.net/~metz1914/metz22.html

You can see the engine serial number range here so that can help date at least your engine.

Note the two cars on the second row... those are the Special Roadster and they look very much like your car. If I had to guess, I would say your car is a 1913 Special Roadster. One item of note on the 1913 Special was that it, and only it, had a round gas tank. The other Model 22s had oval gas tanks.