How to lock and unlock 1930 Ford Model A Fordor Sedan?

Guest robo0352

Guest robo0352

Hello,

I am new to Model A's and would like to know how to lock and unlock the rear passenger door. I have a 1930 Ford Model A Fordor Sedan Murray body. I have one door that mysteriously locked and I do not know how to unlock it. If anyone has a video or can describe it for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Here is a picture of the lever that Pete is referring to.

I just sold a 1930 fordor sedan so I don't have one here for reference, but, from memory, three of the doors lock from the inside and one locks from the outside using a key that goes into a conventional lock at the center of the door handle. These little chrome levers operate a sliding latch inside the door that jambs the door latch assembly which prevents it from being able to open. The door that has the keyed door handle does not have the inside lock or this lever. I have seen on more than one occasion, improperly restored Model A doors that have been covered in upholstery panels that have not been cut out for these locking levers. Hope this isn't too confusing of an answer. Let us know how you make out.

post-31738-143142953359_thumb.jpg

Guest robo0352

Thank you everyone for responding. The person who completed the restore, left out the locks and the upholstery didn't have an area cut into it for the lock handle.