1942 Ford 6 cylinder wiring diagram

edhd58

Okay guys, i know it has to be out there somewhere. I can't find it. Does anyone know where a wiring diagram, not schematic, for a '42 Ford with a 6 cylnder G series engine is? I am having trouble finding both the wirhing and the wiring diagram. I can find a '42 V8 diagram, and a '42 truck 6 cyl diagram. The truck 6 wiring is different than the passenger car. VanPelt doesn't have it, i've been there and looked, theirs is for the V8. Any wayyyyyy, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I don't know why but when you look up the wire harnesses they will specify they are for the V-8. I spent a few hours online last night and think I may have found a supplier for the 6cyl wire harnesses, and they do specify they are for the 6 cylinder car.

• 2 weeks later...

edhd58: The earlier Ford Mechanical Service Bulletins show both the 6-Cylinder WIRING DIAGRAM and PHANTOM ELECTRICAL SYSTEM on Pages 173 and 174. Both were published in Feb. 1942 in Section 15999. The 6-cylinder and v-8 versions are different due to engine arrangement.

I can send you copies if you will contact me: blincoln at idalinc@windstream.net

Hope this helps.