Resilvering rear view mirror

sweetpotato

Great. Please keep us posted on the outcome as I too have some mirrors. Wonder how they get the glass out of the perimeter radius edge on some of these inside and outside mirrors without cracking them or ruining the stainless radius edge. - Perhaps your 53 mirror is just a flat surface type with exposed glass edges and not inset into the frame ?

Great. Please keep us posted on the outcome as I too have some mirrors. Wonder how they get the glass out of the perimeter radius edge on some of these inside and outside mirrors without cracking them or ruining the stainless radius edge. - Perhaps your 53 mirror is just a flat surface type with exposed glass edges and not inset into the frame ?

This one is a Guide day/night mirror. I just sent the wedge shaped glass which comes out easily by removing the chrome ring on the body. It's a good idea to take pictures or make some good notes on how the u-shaped spring goes in there for reassembly. It is a little tricky.

I did the same as Bob and just shipped the wedge shaped mirror in to be resilvered from my 54 Buick. I shipped mine to an advertiser in Hemmings named Ron's Corner and was very happy with the results. His price has gone up to $30 plus $8.50 for shipping and handling, but to me it beats modifying the mirror stem.