16v Dist cap replacement

89 TC with 16 Valve.

Purchased Dist Cap and rotor. Open hood and need help on how to get to cap and rotor.

Do not have hoist. Any assistance appreciated.

Also need to replace back up light switch. 5 Sp Cannot locate switch. any assistance is appreciatye.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim in Sunny Tucson

Almost hate to ask if you can't locate switch because the part number is discontinued?, or you can't find it on the car?. If it's a part number problem take old switch to parts store and look at pictures of BDW transmission switches as they do make one that fits the hole and plugs into the harness.

rockauto.com sells the parts book on CD rom for less than $30, along with having part numbers, it is the exploded parts view of how all this stuff fits together, real handy to have when need to get something apart, or figure out where it is.

Almost hate to ask if you can't locate switch because the part number is discontinued?, or you can't find it on the car?. If it's a part number problem take old switch to parts store and look at pictures of BDW transmission switches as they do make one that fits the hole and plugs into the harness.

rockauto.com sells the parts book on CD rom for less than $30, along with having part numbers, it is the exploded parts view of how all this stuff fits together, real handy to have when need to get something apart, or figure out where it is.

Sorry about not clarification. I have the parts book and the switch, but cannot find the location of switch on the transmission. Not being able to get under the auto, these item are not easy for me to locate.

Thanks in advance

Sorry about not clarification. I have the parts book and the switch, but cannot find the location of switch on the transmission. Not being able to get under the auto, these item are not easy for me to locate.

Thanks in advance

A telescoping inspection mirror will help you to get "eye's" on it, but not your hands and eyes at the same time. Having a key to the shop and my choice of three different types of hoists to use as needed spoiled me beyond all belief and I know what it's like to go under this car using jack stands and a creeper. You can get this from the top and if you don't have a flex head ratchet and a set of deep sockets it's time to invest.