Louisiana Meet!

Guest bayouboy

Thanks, Steve! We're working hard to put on a meet that folks will remember for a long time. Don't put those cars away after Hershey; y'all come on down.

Fred Duplechin, Chairman

Central Fall Meet 2015

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were delighted to have so many folks visit our table among the vendors at the AACA ANNUAL MEETING in PHILADELPHIA last week.

Thank you all for the many words of encouragement, and to so many of you who expressed your intent to VISIT LOUISIANA IN NOVEMBER,

and to attend the AACA 2015 CENTRAL DIVISION FALL MEET in HOUMA, LOUISIANA - JUST AN HOUR SOUTHWEST OF NEW ORLEANS.

As Steve noted above, we have a website: www.aaca-centralfallmeet15.org

Remember to click on the bright yellow “star” to see our 6 minute promotional video. Many of those who watched the video in Philly said that after seeing it, they were really looking forward to visiting, Bayou-Browsing, and enjoying a "Taste of Louisiana".

Here is our Youtube Video:

Laissez le Bon Temps Rouller - Let the Good Times Roll !!

• 2 months later...

Just a reminder that Houma, Louisiana's November 5-6-7, 2015 AACA CENTRAL DIVISION FALL MEET should be an outstanding time to visit Louisiana, and to hopefully have time to add a few days for the WWII Museum in New Orleans. Those who have visited all plan a return visit to the IMAX - BEYOND ALL BOUNDARIES - produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, as well as the Andrews Sisters show by the Liberty Belles with a Chef John Besh dinner.

Remember to click on the bright yellow “star” to see our 6 minute promotional video. Many of those who watched the video in Philly said that after seeing it, they were really looking forward to visiting, Bayou-Browsing, and enjoying

a "Taste of Louisiana".

Here is our Youtube Video:

Laissez le Bon Temps Rouller - Let the Good Times Roll !! Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE MEET IN HOUMA, LOUISIANA !!

THIS IS JUST AN HOUR SOUTHWEST OF NEW ORLEANS ON US-90

Please take a minute to explore our website at www.aaca-centralfallmeet15.org and click on the bright yellow “star” to see our 6 minute promotional video. Looking forward to seeing y’all in November.<o:p></o:p>

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Registration has been extended - but don't wait too long !!

We want to see you here in Louisiana

Please take a minute to explore our website at www.aaca-centralfallmeet15.org and click on the bright yellow “star” to see our 6 minute promotional video. Looking forward to seeing y’all in November.

• 1 month later...

The crowds are arriving!

The Bour-Davis car, manufactured in Shreveport, Louisiana is on display in the entrance hall of the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center. Many motor homes and vehicle trailers are parked on the west side of the Civic Center, and scores of show cars already dot the parking lots of the Center as well as the Courtyard by Marriott.

Busloads of visitors left today for tours of Ardoinne, Southdown, and Oak Alley Plantation homes, as well as a visit to an Alligator Farm.

Others of us explored the Military Museum, and then took a ride in a HIGGINS BOAT on the Intracoastal Canal. I even got to pilot the boat for a substantial distance, as did Charles KIhnel and Dennis Dautrive.

Everyone seems to have developed a taste for the local cuisine - pure Cajun with a strong tendancy toward local seafood dishes - and no, Cajun food does not have to be excessively hot - our flavors and spices and aromas are just the thing to make you appreciate how succulent and varied our cuisine really is.

Hundreds of visitors attended the Military Museum again this evening for tours, followed by an old-fashioned ICE CREAM SOCIAL  --  the ice cream was delicious. 

More tours tomorrow, as well as opening the Car Corral and the Flea Market.

We have over 150 vehicles registered for judging - not bad for a date beyond Hershey, and for a location where half of our 500-mile circle is in the Gulf of Mexico. Those who chose to attend will have an experience worth retelling to those who didn't manage to get down here to visit with the LAGNIAPPE CHAPTER OF LOUISIANA REGION AACA (Lohn-Yop - a Cajun term meaning something a little bit extra as a surprise, kind of like a "baker's dozen", but with a French accent).

Look for our 1970 Cadillac convertible in the Car Corral, ande the '41 Cadillac and '88 Corvette on the Show Field.

post-97723-0-22113600-1446782119_thumb.j

post-97723-0-10077800-1446782249_thumb.j

post-97723-0-61587200-1446782663_thumb.j

post-97723-0-15782100-1446782906_thumb.j

post-97723-0-41973000-1446782977_thumb.j

post-97723-0-86345500-1446783085_thumb.j

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Really had a good time in Houma for my first AACA Meet - some very nice cars and the food was terrific. Rain held off till Saturday and dampened the show field a bit, but the judges managed to get all cars judged. Pleased that my '39 Buick Business coupe was awarded a DPC award. I drove the coupe from the Dallas area to Houma and arrived home about noon today - 1,059 miles round trip. May make the trek to Galveston in 2016 for the Central Fall Meet.

I got a few pictures, maybe a dozen or more, several of the '39 Buick of course.  Also got three each of the 32 Graham and the Duesenberg.  An Uncle gave me a toy car when I was a child which appeared to be a model of that same Graham.  Wow, wish I still had it!  Enjoyed talking to you a long time John, both before and after judging.

Guest bayouboy

Here's the link to our Meet Photos and a document with photo credits and captions.  We'r glad so many of you took time to attend and comment on your experience.  Thanks for all the kind words!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5m5q89n4xyfrhr6/AAAj0TwnIgIQiB2MDcrItvCja?dl=0

For those of  you who haven't used Dropbox before, it's a free site for sharing your "stuff."  if you aren't a member, it's quick and easy to sign up and share.

Fred Duplechin

Chairman, CFM2015

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Digicam

See Link below to Photos of some of the Fine Automobiles I was allowed to Photograph at the Fall gathering here in Houma.

http://forums.aaca.org/gallery/member/155440-digicam/

The Duesenberg Album and Classic Collection Album are from the recent meet here in Houma. Classic Collections albums II and III are from past cars shows held here in Louisiana. Enjoy!

Thanks to ALL the Owners of these Fine Cars and Trucks for the opportunity to photograph them. Much Appreciated!

These Images are all 9 Exposure HDR's (HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE) .To see more of my work.......

https://500px.com/digicam

Ed Voisin
985-855-2927

Edited by Digicam (see edit history)