Suggestions?

Budtee

So far, the help I got from this forum has been invaluable and I thank you. I have an 89 8v with 9,500 miles. I have fixed all the common problems and I am wondering about the head gasket. It runs fine. I had a 85 lebaron with the 2.2 turbo and had to do the head gasket at about 65,000 miles. I am wondering if any preventive maintenance would help such as torqeing the head bolts or putting a sealer in the coolant would be a good idea.

I will probably only put 2,000 miles a year on it.

So far, the help I got from this forum has been invaluable and I thank you. I have an 89 8v with 9,500 miles. I have fixed all the common problems and I am wondering about the head gasket. It runs fine. I had a 85 lebaron with the 2.2 turbo and had to do the head gasket at about 65,000 miles. I am wondering if any preventive maintenance would help such as torqeing the head bolts or putting a sealer in the coolant would be a good idea.

I will probably only put 2,000 miles a year on it.

I would recommend NEITHER. If you only have 9,500 miles on this car, I would just drive it normally, without abusive driving, and at the first sign of an engine miss-fire upon startup when cold, check to out thoroughly. This is the first sign of a failing head gasket. At that time, you could just replace the head gasket and drive on for another decade with confidence.