55 Century Side Mirrors

Mudbone

What are the correct side mirrors for my 55 Century? Mine had some 60’s style mirrors on it when I bought it. I purchased some mirrors a long time ago that I thought were for this car but they turned out to be for 55-57 Chevy. Are they close enough?

post-50945-143142950176_thumb.jpg

post-50945-14314295019_thumb.jpg

post-50945-143142950202_thumb.jpg

Also be advised that other than decoration or an attempt to make the car symmetrical, the RH mirror is totally useless as a functional component.

It can be used if, the driver sits in the middle and uses the left hand to steer and left foot on the accelerator and brake. It's how I back mine into my 10' wide garage.

Other than that , the right mirror is for symmetry/

Guest 53 Roady

I am still trying to get the 53 mirrors to work. I was helped with a new lens which I finally got installed only to find I had not tightened the center screw enough. I have to have a right mirror. I already ran into the table saw scarring the right front fender. The 53s mount to the vent window frame so change would leave open holes.

Pat

Where is the proper placement on the door? I have seen them all over the place including the front fender. Mud

Click "old tank"s user name and go to his homepage. He has beaucoup photos of his Century

(The "A" pillar on my Roadmaster is different. It wouldn't help you to see the placement on mine)

If anybody has an NOS one, they come with a template that you place against the door for proper mounting. You can mimic the same thing by removing your driver mirror, holding a sheet of paper beneath the front top corner of the door, and marking the holes and tracing the top and front edge of that corner. Then, simply transfer this mirror image to use on the passenger side as a template. This is essentially what the NOS mirrors came with; somebody here may have one; I used to but I didn't scan the sheet before I sold it :(

It can be used if, the driver sits in the middle and uses the left hand to steer and left foot on the accelerator and brake. It's how I back mine into my 10' wide garage.

Other than that , the right mirror is for symmetry/

It can be used perfectly by someone sitting in the passenger seat. Isn't that why they call it the passenger mirror? :>)

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)