1914 Buick B-37

Robert G. Smits

These Owners Manuals are referred to as a, "Reference Book." And the larger cars are different then the smaller. Especially the parts book. AACA has one for the C-36,37 which is very similar. Also, the Delco Instruction Book, and the Delco parts book are separate and not covered in the Reference manual. I have a 1914 B-36, B-37 Delco Instruction book if you need one of these. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Not a problem. I have an Original I can spare if you change your mind. All I can offer are copies of the B-36, B-37 Buick parts book as I only have one. Chris Libby has copies of both my 1914, and 1915 Parts books and found them very useful in his restoration. Only small differences between the two years. The most notable is that yours has a pressurized fuel system where the 15's are the first with the Vacuum fuel pump. The different Delco system, and other small differences like the door hinges. Keep us posted on how you are doing with the car and photos are always fun. Dandy Dave!

Not a problem. I have an Original I can spare if you change your mind. All I can offer are copies of the B-36, B-37 Buick parts book as I only have one. Chris Libby has copies of both my 1914, and 1915 Parts books and found them very useful in his restoration. Only small differences between the two years. The most notable is that yours has a pressurized fuel system where the 15's are the first with the Vacuum fuel pump. The different Delco system, and other small differences like the door hinges. Keep us posted on how you are doing with the car and photos are always fun and welcome here. Dandy Dave!

Robert ;

As Dave indicated we all love pictures. When I was looking for "A Driver Buick" I tried to deal on a 1914-B37 located in upstate NY. in fairly solid but sad shape. Not enough leather left to make a pair of gloves on the seats. I got to drive it for our evaluation. The owner said her husband never had it out of 1st gear since he was afraid to double clutch. The owner, her husband, Joan and I we all took about a 3 mile drive and I had no problem shifting and it seemed to run and drive OK. I backed it in to their garage and waited for it to really get up to operating temperature. Both husband and wife seemed nervous as I looked over the car as it was running...Woosh!!!!!! the bottom of the radiator opened up like a waterfall. They said they had no idea the radiator was in that condition. Yet in all the literature they had copies of there were several radiator restoration pamphlets Maine, Brassworks etc.

I did give them an offer which they rejected and they brought it to Hershey 2011? then sold it in the car corral. I hope it found a good home as I heard it went to someone in NJ.

post-79073-143142954715_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143142954675_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143142954697_thumb.jpg

Larry, that is a pretty good looking Buick. I can see why you were interested. The interior reminds me of my 23 Cad 7p touring, all original with over 100K miles according to the owner when I purchased it in 78. It has undergone a complete mechanical restoration but I have not touched anything else. Black Duct Tape covers the holes in the seats. I will try to post photos of the 14 in the next few days. It will be on the HCCA tour through Texas Hill Country the first week of March. Thanks again to all who posted. Bob Smits

Yes, At the AACA regional tour in Amarillo I announced that I was looking for a pre-15 Model T that was already set up for touring. A day later Marty told me he was going to sell the Buick. The rest is history. Bob Smits

Bob, I hope the '14 gives you the miles of smiles we enjoyed. Wish we could be there for the Hill Country HCCA Tour, but will be heading to San Juan to judge at the AACA Winter Meet.

• 3 weeks later...
Larry, that is a pretty good looking Buick. I can see why you were interested. The interior reminds me of my 23 Cad 7p touring, all original with over 100K miles according to the owner when I purchased it in 78. It has undergone a complete mechanical restoration but I have not touched anything else. Black Duct Tape covers the holes in the seats. I will try to post photos of the 14 in the next few days. It will be on the HCCA tour through Texas Hill Country the first week of March. Thanks again to all who posted. Bob Smits

I like the idea of black duct tape for the seats I'll have to try that!!!