A general question...

Guest drnittler

Guest drnittler

I have been a long time member of AACA. I live in south Texas where there are no events, regions, or chapters within four hundred miles of me. I signed up years ago when there was a chapter 140 miles from me; but this chapter left AACA years ago.(I don't know why) I have wanted to get a chapter going with no luck for various reasons

Anyway my membership finished December 2014. So, in my case, what benefits would I have to stay a member, except for receiving a magazine?

Thanks

You would continue to receive a great magazine. (I believe that alone is worth the membership fee.) You could also attend national events elsewhere. To really have fun, you could give another try at finding some other AACA members in your area and start a local region in your area and have great fun enjoying the hobby together. Being a national AACA Member is good but participating in events of a local region and/or chapter adds much enjoyment to it.

To be honest it depends on your age, I think I joined AACA in the late 1960's, and I just found a few issues from last year that I never opened. The local regon died along with the older members, but I'll NEVER miss Hershey! So many websites have changed the hobby for the better that there is no need to go outside. Renew your membership! Bob

Guest drnittler

Thanks for the reply. I tried to get a chapter and/or region going here in south TX. I could not get it off the ground and I never felt I had a lot of support from national. I am in a part of TX where all you have is hotrods and low riders.

2. As I said, the events are so far away it is not practical to take the car to them. Most are not even in TX.

Thanks