need help

Guest jaffakid

Guest jaffakid

just bought 1991 t c with only 3300 miles replaced wheel cylinders break hoses master cylinder (used),bled brakes 4 times,still nothing....any suggestions.I m dying to drive this car

Did you replace the accumulator ball that mounts next to the master cylinder on a stalk? Can you hear the brake pump working when you first turn the key to the 'on' position? When you bled the back brakes did you have someone slightly pushing the brake pedal with the key on so fluid would be pumped to the back, won't go back there if the key is off and pedal isn't pushed down a little so it wouldn't have bled at all.

just bought 1991 t c with only 3300 miles replaced wheel cylinders break hoses master cylinder (used),bled brakes 4 times,still nothing....any suggestions.I m dying to drive this car

What is still nothing?

Is it no fluid movement to wheel cylinders?

Is it no pressure from pump?

Is it no ABS, or yellow light?

Is it red brake light on?

Is it no power to pump?

Did you "bleed out / prime" the "master / actuator" before connecting the brake lines?

Sounds like you replaced all the hydraulics, is this the same problem you had to start with?

just bought 1991 TC with only 3300 miles. Replaced wheel cylinders, brake hoses, master cylinder (used), bled brakes 4 times, still nothing....any suggestions? I'm dying to drive this car.
You state replacing the wheel cylinders, there are none on a Chrysler TC by Maserati automobile. These cars have 4 wheel disc brakes. You also have what is correctly called a ACCUATING PACKAGE or Hydraulic Assembly, not a master cylinder. So you have also replaced this unit?

What were your problems, symptoms in the first place? If you have done this all by yourself, you need to give us a reason why you did this, so that we could attempt to analyze your problem.

Guest jaffakid

when we first tried to start the car the electric motor on the brake assy burned up. after we replaced the fuel pump the car now runs ,however it had no brakes when you stepped on the brae pedal. one of the wheel calipers was frozen so we replaced the calipers and the brake hoses then i bought a used brake assy on e bay it came with brake fluid.after installing the brake assy we bled the brakes with the ignition switch on..the front brakes some fluid would come out on both sides and then stop,the rear brakes would flow a lot ,,no air remained in the line ...but the problem remains the same...the problem is that when you step on the brake peddle it goes to the floor like there is air in the line...the yellow and red lights come on ...after pumping the brakes they go out but the peddle goes to the floor

when we first tried to start the car the electric motor on the brake assy burned up. after we replaced the fuel pump the car now runs ,however it had no brakes when you stepped on the brae pedal. one of the wheel calipers was frozen so we replaced the calipers and the brake hoses then i bought a used brake assy on e bay it came with brake fluid.after installing the brake assy we bled the brakes with the ignition switch on..the front brakes some fluid would come out on both sides and then stop,the rear brakes would flow a lot ,,no air remained in the line ...but the problem remains the same...the problem is that when you step on the brake peddle it goes to the floor like there is air in the line...the yellow and red lights come on ...after pumping the brakes they go out but the peddle goes to the floor

This is not good.

The brake pump fries for two good reasons, bad seal on the pump lets fluid into the motor winding's, or run them with bad accumulators until they give up the ghost.

Rear brakes bleed with ignition on, front brakes bleed like normal brakes.

You don't get fluid flow from an actuator like you do from a master cylinder so not seeing what you see I can only say this part sounds normal.

It takes a special tool to cycle the ABS and bleed front brakes with power to the pump. Don't bleed these with power on.

With or without air in the lines; Brake pedal to the floor after pumping is a pressure leak, if you don't have fluid under the car from an open line, you have an internal leak. Pump and hold brakes with power off, if the pedal goes to the floor and you can't find a fluid puddle move your pump over to the assembly you replaced, put it back in the car and try again.

If this doesn't get you going you have two choices, spend a small fortune on a reman system that works or convert your system.

Personally and when the day comes I will replace the soft parts in the part of the Teves system that I can repair, that is a very small part of the system, but it is the part that leaks pressure when the system isn't powered. After that I will convert to hydra boost and snatch the ABS with traction and stability control from a late model GM. Why? because I like stability control and for normal dry road summertime driving normal power brakes give you better stopping and when I put it in stability control, I get to put it in with an off switch.

You might want to visit the allpar site and read up on Hemi's instructions for converting to vacuum power assist, I have no instructions for doing brakes to my preference as I haven't done this yet and if you need to convert now those are the best instructions available.