unlocking door of 1990 Reatta

Guest cool wheels

Guest cool wheels

My key fob is not unlocking the doors or trunk of my 1990 Reatta. I also noticed that the doors are not making that unlocking sound when I put the transmission into park. Could the two be related? Is there a fix?

Guest Mc_Reatta

Guessing you have a good battery in the FOB. (You can check it out at most FLAPS.) Start by checking fuse #2 in the fuse panel, and fuse #7 on the interior relay panel. Think they are on opposite sides of the center console in a 90.

Does the courtesy light in the drivers door work? Also the inner bulb of the rear turn signals, the third one from the outer end? If the fuse is good, it sounds just like the splice under the drivers seat I repaired on mine last year. Also thanks to Mc_Reatta for that one.

Guest cool wheels
My key fob is not unlocking the doors or trunk of my 1990 Reatta. I also noticed that the doors are not making that unlocking sound when I put the transmission into park. Could the two be related? Is there a fix?

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I have two key fobs and I tried them both, so I don't think it's the battery. I'll try the other approaches after I get some fuses. Thanks a bunch.