Continental Straight 8 Motor List???

Bud Tierney

Does anyone out there know of, or've heard of, any online or other comprehensive list of Cont'l straight 8 engines and/or a list of the makes that used the straight 8s??

I find various lists, but nothing specifically breaking out or ID'ing the straight 8s.

If anyone has a copy of the company history book, does it have a good list (or any substantial mention??) of the straight 8s???

From my old parts catalogs, so far I find: 8P/8PA; 8S/8SA; 9JA, 9K, 9KA; 10S; 12K, 12Z; 13K; 14K, 14S; 15K, 15S; 16S, 17S, 18S, and 21S in that numbering system...

There's also an R800, not Cont'ls usual numbering system, but there are a few such "even hundred" numbers, possibly a power unit or pure industrial engine??

And K8344 and K8372, apparently built exclusively for Gray Marine.

As my catalogs are primarily truck with fair coverage of tractors, some Ag/Ind'l and Marine, but poor on everything else, I'm sure that list is far from compete.

I haven't reconciled what b/s info I can find, but it appears there were no more than half a dozen or so basic engines...

For makes using I have Blackhawk/Stutz, Davis, Diana, DuPont, Elcar, Gray marine, Graham-Paige (and probably later Graham) Henney, Jordan, Kleiber truck, Locomobile, Mercer, Meteor, Moon/Windsor/White Prince, Peerless, Reo, Ruxton. S&S/Sayers & Scoville, Ward LaFrance, Willys and World truck.

Any comments appreciated; many thxx!! Bud T.