2015 Annual Meeting - Weather report?

Guest Jan K.

Vern and I are debating whether or not to attend this year's annual meeting. We're having decent weather here in Wisconsin, but it doesn't look like they're enjoying the same milder winter in Philadelphia. Anyone have any connections to the weather gods to give me insights on what kind of weather we're likely to have in February? :rolleyes:

Guest Mark McAlpine

I heard that Micky Bohne and Don Barlup are guaranteeing cold but clear weather (and that Sylvester Stallone will be there to great you on the steps of the Philadelphia City Library). In all seriousness, come to Philadelphia, Jan--you know you'll enjoy it and lots of us would like to thank you in person for all the great work Vern and you do for the club and members. Besides, being from Wisconsin, even if it does snow you'll drive better in the snow than most of the rest of us. I hope to see you there!

Philadelphia, in the southeast corner of the state,

is warmer, and receives less snow, than the rest of

the state. On any given day, the chances of having fresh snow

are therefore quite modest. Don't let any fear of snow

keep you away!

And of course, weathermen are good at predicting 2 or 3 days

in advance; farther-range forecasts are educated guesses and

are often invalid.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

We have seen a variety of weather in our previous visits. Cold and/or snow in general doesn't scare us; we're used to that here in Wisconsin. However, one year that we drove to the meeting Philly got 20+ inches shortly after we parked our car in the hotel parking garage on Thursday, and another 22 inches fell shortly after we left town on Sunday. We are hoping not to have a repeat of that weather this time around!

See you in a few short weeks!