Electrical Problem

Blue90

We had a nice sunny, 50* day yesterday so I decided to go for a ride and "Electrical Problem" appeared in orange on the IPC.

I checked codes and found:

b411c battery volts too low (cruise)

b552h BCM memory reset indicator

r061c IPC code?

The only thing I've done to my car recently is to override the BCM to have the fog lights act as DRLs.

The car appears to run fine.

What does this all mean and what should I do about it?:confused:

Thanks,

S

Guest Mc_Reatta

After doing what Dave suggested and getting a new battery or having it charged, clear all the codes and see if any come back. All are probably related to your battey voltage going too low. (Less than 10.6 volts)

May want to invest in a trickle charger from HF to keep your battery happy while your car is dormant.

Guest Corvanti

agree with Dave in checking the alt & battery and Mc_Reatta on the investment on a trickle charger. here's a link to check ground terminals:

http://reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/62-electrical-system/other-electrical/224-ground-terminals-junction-box-location

i'd check these and the battery cables for tightness/corrosion. on my '89, the ground terminals were tight, but when i loosened the nut on one of them, there was corrosion built up that couldn't be seen on just a visual inspection.

the b552h is a history code - probably set when you worked on the BCM.

I just got my car back from the mechanic. He said my charging system is in good order. He did notice my fuel gauge read low w/no bars and he knew I would never let it get that low. He replaced a blown 10 amp fuse and all the lights are normal.

He checked connections at the battery and alternator but wasn't able to figure out why the fuse blew.

I cleared all the codes.

Thanks to all for your input.

S.