I'm brand new

Guest David Daoust

Guest David Daoust

Hello gentleman. I am brand new to this Buick forum. I do not even own a Buick. I do own a 1947 Ford convertible and a 1964 Studebaker convertible, so I am used to these forums and have found them very helpful in the past.

Why am I here? My grandfather owned a Buick. I remember seeing pictures of it as a kid and remembered thinking it was a cool looking old car. For many years no one in the family could remember exactly what year or model it was. It was driving me crazy. Then, I finally came across some old slides my grandmother had. Going through them one at a time I finally found a few slides with the Buick in them. At last I was able to figure it out. It was a 1952 Buick Roadmaster sedan. He had (I believe) ordered it two-tone with a red roof, black body and red also below the chrome side trim.

While the car is nice and I'm nostalgic and it connects me to my grandfather, I'm really more of a convertible guy. So here are my questions for you.

Was the 1952 Roadmaster made as a convertible? Are they out there? Just ROUGHLY.....what would a #2 or #3 1952 Roadmaster convertible cost to buy?

Any help appreciated.

David Daoust

Stratham, NH

Guest my3buicks
post-30591-14314294654_thumb.jpgWelcome, yes the Roadmaster was available in a convertible, in fact. Every year the roadmaster was produced it was available in a convertible. I don't have The production figures with me at work, but i think the number built was around 2400. They are out there, but not common by any means. Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

But it sure is a beautiful car, and I would guess that anything is negotiable......

whatever one is willing to spend, and another is ultimately willing to accept !

... eye of the beholder ??

• 2 weeks later...