Wheel locks and begging

D-a-n-i-e-l

So I broke an axle, and now cannot find my wheel lock key. I am in a bit of a time crunch as it is almost time to ship my car to where ever the army wants me next. The axle I need is expensive from the dealer and not available in a reman from anyone (important bc I have to swap the outer end). Plus buying one for the price the dealer wants I can have two new shafts made that will never break making the joints the week point (they are available).

Anyway I would like to buy or borrow a key. They are the original locks and the key that fits has a yellow dot on it. If I recall correctly there are only four different keys for the Reatta ( I even had found a replacement key right after buying the car). If anyone is willing to sell me one I will pay for it and overnight or two-day shipping.

If any one would be willing to let me borrow One I would send it back along with the four lock nuts. and pay for the shipping both ways.

I really do not want to destroy the original locks in there removal.

I have to get the axles out ASAP to ensure I have time to have the new ones made before it is time to ship the car out.

Daniel,

I have a yellow key and can send it to you. Let me know.

What I have done on several occasions is if you have access to a welder, I simply take a large nut and hold it up against the locking lug nut and weld in the center of the large nut to the locking nut. You can then use a large socket and remove the lock.

Another way I have been successful sometimes is take an old 12 point socket of about the same size and with a large hammer pound it onto the locking lug and very often it will hold tight enough to grab on the locker and loosen it.

I checked too, I have a green and a blue but no yellow key.

Also, paging Jim Finn; please pick up the red courtesy phone. I sent you an email and suspect it may have gone to your spam box. If you see this, please get in touch with me (or check your spam). Thank you sir.

KDirk

I appreciate all the responses and help.

I have hear from several sources the 12 point socket would work, but I really did not want to ruin one of my good sockets. So I found the two closest fits and bout a couple Cobalt sockets. worked great but the lugs are pretty scarred. Hopefully Jim can help me with that along with the key.

Once again thanks for the help.

I checked too, I have a green and a blue but no yellow key.

Also, paging Jim Finn; please pick up the red courtesy phone. I sent you an email and suspect it may have gone to your spam box. If you see this, please get in touch with me (or check your spam). Thank you sir.

KDirk

Kevin,

In your email to me on Wednesday evening you mentioned there was no hurry to get back to you but I did go up in the rafters of my garage and checked on the seat belt bezel and out to my tire shed and checked on the wheels this morning.

I sent you an email.

Thanks, Jim

P.S. the red phone never gets answered. :)