Finally!

Guest Carson NV

Guest Carson NV

Hey all! I'm now a proud member of the club. My dad was a member for many years, as long as I can remember actually. He bought our woodie in 1972. I was 3. He parked it until around 1993 when I was old enough to kick him in the ass and get it on the road. We did Wavecrest twice and he took it to what I think was the first outing of the Santa Cruz group around 1995. ? His Name is Lloyd Thurston. Its a '40 Deluxe and was Lyon Blue at that time. The next year he disassembled the car and began Its restoration. Last year, at the age of 85 it was decided that I would bring the car to my house and complete it for him before it was too late. I returned the car to him, done, about 2 months before he lost his license. He put alot of miles on it in that short time! He graciously handed me the keys and the title last summer. Its great to now own the car I played in as a boy and still take him for rides whenever I can. A real role reversal!

I am proud to say I built this car in his honor. Someday we'll get back to Wavecrest!

Sincerely,

Matt Thurston

post-105982-143142945815_thumb.jpg

Great story and welcome to the club. I'm the VP and if I can do anything for you let me know.

I'd suggest joining either the Central Valley chapter of the Santa Cruz chapter (or better yet, both) as I think they are the ones closest to you. You should think about attending Woodies in the Valley for their GREAT show coming up March 13-15. Don't miss Friday night. http://www.valleywoodies.com/

Bill Sampson