1929 Buick MASTER

raydurr

Ray, Thanks for posting the photos of those bumper bracket nuts. I am fitting a front bumper to my 1926-26 and wondered what those nuts looked like. The dimensions on the stock spring bolt nuts are 3/4" across the flats and .912" diameter on the shoulder with a 9/16-18 thread. (overall smaller) The stock nuts do not fit the holes in the bumper brackets, necessitating the need for custom machined nuts. In my case I have the facilities to machine the nuts. Machining may be your only option.

Edited by AzBob
additional information (see edit history)

Hello guys.

I have a 1929 Buick 46S Rumble seat Coupe. It is a nice driver that needs a freshening up. I was going to make sure it has all the correct components as I work on the car. The car looks quite complete to me.

I have looked quite carefully at the front end near the spring bolt and I cannot see a nut like the one you have photographed. Maybe it was replaced with something else.

Could you explain exactly where this nut is used and perhaps a photo?

Thanks much

Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH

Hello guys.

I have a 1929 Buick 46S Rumble seat Coupe. It is a nice driver that needs a freshening up. I was going to make sure it has all the correct components as I work on the car. The car looks quite complete to me.

I have looked quite carefully at the front end near the spring bolt and I cannot see a nut like the one you have photographed. Maybe it was replaced with something else.

Could you explain exactly where this nut is used and perhaps a photo?

Thanks much

Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH

The nut shown threads on to the front bolt for the front spring. The bolt comes from outside the frame , thru the spring and threads into the front hanger. The exposed threads are the ones the crown nut goes on. The recess below the hex is the part that goes thru the front bumper bracket. I would photograph , but my car in in many pieces at the moment.