1926 Ford Model T

Rogillio

Last year I bought a 1926 Dodge Brothers Coupe. I have enjoyed immensely working on it and driving it. Tomorrow I am going to look at a 1926 Ford Model T Coupe to add to my 'collection'.

Any tips or suggestions for thing to look for and look out for? Any tips on driving the 3 pedal shifting?

if I get it, I will post pictures when I get her home.

It has a sun visor thing. Any danger of damage if I go 70 mph on the interstate with the T on the trailer?

What books do y'all recommend to get me started. I'd like to stay original ad best I can.

Thanks

Mike

Danger? Yes! Remove the visor and take off the hood. I guarantee they will both fly off on ther own otherwise. There are wood screws holding the visor on. The hood comes off without tools.

Some Model T'ers just load the car backwards, but I still would not trust it.

I learned the basics of 3 pedal driving on Youtube.

Practise at a desk so that you don't rely on looking at your feet. (Especially, practise the "panic stop." The life you save may be your own.

Start with a reprint of the "Model T Ford Manual." An owners manual handed out with the car and the "Ford Service Manual." The service manual is the T'ers bible for adjustments, repairs and rebuilds.

post-63449-143142945127_thumb.png

Sign onto MTFCA Forum. The guys there are friendly and helpful. Especially, if you want to keep your car original.

And join a local Model T club.

post-63449-143142945123_thumb.png

Edited by Dwight Romberger (see edit history)

Danger? Yes! Remove the visor and take off the hood. I guarantee they will both fly off on ther own otherwise. There are wood screws holding the visor on. The hood comes off without tools.

Some Model T'ers just load the car backwards, but I still would not trust it.

I learned the basics of 3 pedal driving on Youtube.

Practise at a desk so that you don't rely on looking at your feet. (Especially, practise the "panic stop." The life you save may be your own.

Start with a reprint of the "Model T Ford Manual." An owners manual handed out with the car and the "Ford Service Manual." The service manual is the T'ers bible for adjustments, repairs and rebuilds.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]291982[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]291983[/ATTACH]

Sign onto MTFCA Forum. The guys there are friendly and helpful. Especially, if you want to keep your car original.

And join a local Model T club.

Thanks!

i decided to load it facing aft. I have a piece of plywood to cover the rear window and I cut holes in the plywood for rops to hold it in place. So glad you mentioned the hood! I will tie it down also.