Alf Jones 1925 Buick master6 Roadster

Guest Alf Jones

Guest Alf Jones

I have a 1925 Buick Roadster master 6. I need information on the timber coach work that connects the bodywork with the chassis. any information would be a help. if possible, skeches, photos, dwg's. anything would help.

So please if you can provide any related information, it would be much appreciated.

I live in Victoria Australia and the chassis number of my car is 1294325.

I have a 1925 Buick Roadster master 6. I need information on the timber coach work that connects the bodywork with the chassis. any information would be a help. if possible, skeches, photos, dwg's. anything would help.

So please if you can provide any related information, it would be much appreciated.

there's very little out there online that I've found for the Holden bodied cars (which most Buicks in Aus are) even our owners manuals are hard to find.

Guest Alf Jones
Alf,

I can email photos of a wrecked sedan. The joinery used for what was left of the body might be of interest to you.

Please send me a Private Message with your email address so I can send them to you.

Thanks Mark

That would be great.

I am not sure how to send a private message, but my email address is alfjones8@gmail.com

Guest Alf Jones

Thanks hidden_hunter

I have a Buick reference book on 35 mm film If any one can scan this and get a copy I would be happy to help.

Unfortunately there is on reference to the coach work.

Do you think Holden would have any information in their archives

Alf

Thanks hidden_hunter

I have a Buick reference book on 35 mm film If any one can scan this and get a copy I would be happy to help.

Unfortunately there is on reference to the coach work.

Do you think Holden would have any information in their archives

Alf

Holden don't even seem to acknowledge anything pre 48, so I'm not sure how much help they would be but it might be worth a shot

I found this Fisher Body Service Manual was helpful in recreating some of the woodwork on my '30 model 47.

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/fishergmbodies.html

I would not recommend the "fresh flake animal hide glue!"

My grandparents lived a few miles from a animal hide glue factory. The smell was memorable. I remember my grandmother running outside to bring in the wash off the line if the wind changed!

Edited by Dwight Romberger (see edit history)

Guest Alf Jones

Thanks Phil

If you would send me the photos you mentioned it would be much appreciated. My email address is alfjones8@gmail.com.

By the way Phil I come from Rock Ferry and migrated to Aus in 1965 as a 10 pound Pom. I think I will be in your part of the world in April next year. We will be coming for a family wedding.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and have visited <st1:place w:st="on">Anglesey</st1:place> aluminium on a number of occasions.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Alf

Hi Alf,

Have attached some photos of the complete woodwork for a 1928 standard roadster I restored a number of years ago. This was a factory ( Flint USA ) built export ( 28X ) roadster, not a Holden bodied Buick so there were some variations but I think the woodwork was built from the same plans.

Are you a member of the Victorian Buick Club?

http://www.buickcarclub.org.au/

If not I suggest you contact them as a member, Ross Bonanno has a 1927 Master Roadster which you may be able to examine more closely.

28buick.pdf

28buick2.pdf

28buick3.pdf

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)