Cargirls New 1991 convertible-photo's

Cargirl

My new (for me ) 1991 Reatta Convertible, white with white body moldings, flame red interior, select 60 style rims ordered as an option for $100, cassette deck. factory CD player with graphic equalizer, original window sticker, build sheet and folio. Loving taken care of by prior owners and it has now found it's forever home. I just registered it today with the DMV and the non-special order plate has my initials on it "BJK." What are the chances? I call it fate.

post-32549-143142944011_thumb.jpg

post-32549-143142944039_thumb.jpg

post-32549-143142944063_thumb.jpg

post-32549-143142944087_thumb.jpg

post-32549-143142944111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cargirl (see edit history)

I almost bought a 1990 white/red vert and it had pinstripes. When it fell thru this one ended up in my lap. I was unsure about not having red pinstripes on the car but now that I see it in person, I am sold. I love pinstripes a lot but now I also like the clean look of no stripes with white body molding. When I first started I would have prefered black molding and stripes, go figure??

Well, I hate to say I'm jealous. But I'm jealous. That said, you scored a true prize there. You'd have been hard pressed to find one nicer I imagine. Congratsulation are in order. Now you just need nice weather to truly enjoy it.

KDirk

Guest PontiacDude210

Wow! That's a really clean car! The body color molding looks really nice with the pinstripe delete option. The wheels just tie the whole thing together nicely. Flame red is a cool interior color. Have fun with it!

Interesting announcement document, probably sent to me by Tom Payette (former Buick Select Sixty dealer in Louisville)post-30596-143142944561_thumb.jpg

The '91 Reatta was announced in August but they did not build the first production '91 Reattas until the last week of November 1990 (roughly 13 weeks later)

Dan Herold, a line employee that was on the Reatta program from beginning to end said the laid everyone off for that period of time.

Thanks guys for sharing your photo's, very nice indeed. I took a nice long drive with the top down yesterday and what a joy to drive. It handles like a dream and has such great manners. I don't know if it's the gran touring suspension or 16 inch rims but it drives differently than any car I have owned. The Buick Reatta is more than just another pretty face :D

• 6 months later...
Guest Flacko9091

Nice '91 Reatta vert cargirl! I've owned 13 Cadillac Allantes over the years (including one of every year). I've owned an '85 Eldo vert and an '89 Eldo vert that was one of twelve conversions done. I own a '88 Mercedes 560SL vert (competition to the Allante and Reatta) which I have just sold and waiting on new owner to pickup. Three months ago I purchased my first '90 Reatta vert (nice driver 128k miles white/burgandy).

Finally, I just purchased the red/tan '91 Reatta vert with 37k miles that was recently for sale in AZ. Waiting on delivery.

I believe I'm probably the only person to simultaneously own the triple treat so to speak....an '88 Mercedes 560SL, a '91 Cadillac Allante and a '90 Buick Reatta convertible.

Nice trio of cars, very impressive!! Wow, I noticed that absolute beauty disappear from Craigslist recently and wondered who bought it. What a fantastic car, it looks great. Congratulations on the purchase and when it gets home, posts some photo's. I love my 1991 Eldorado, it's my daily driver and is an exceptional car. I love your taste in cars :)

Edited by Cargirl (see edit history)