1932 Buick Series 90 or something else?

Guest studer

Hello

I really don't know if i am posting on the right way, so if i do please excuse me. I am confused about a description that goes with a picture ( i will try to post the picture with it ) I am searching for a Buick 1932 series 32 with long base to buy.

Just the same as shown on the picture. Would be even better if this one on the picture is still for sale.....

But on the picture description is stated that it involves a series 90, but i thought that a series 90 has already a long base?

You can see that the last rear window is more wider than the ''standard'' Buick series 32. Can someone maybe be so kind to explain me

what the car on the picture is really called? Because sadly i am no expert in Buick's

and i get a little confused because it can also be a 57-90?

I am really searching already for 2 years and i just can not find it on the internet. Maybe i just typing the wrong series i don't know

I am a owner of ww2 truck as a 1945 Studebaker US6 and 1943 Ford G8t i also have a packard 120, but would love to own exactly the car shown on the picture. I never posted on here because i have nothing to share yet and i did not wanted to bother all of you but i am on a dead end here.

Thanks a lot, Johan

post-92319-143142942164_thumb.jpg

There's no such thing as a 32-series, either. In 1932, Buick had the following series, from smallest to largest wheelbase: 50; 60; 80; and 90-series. Within each series, there is a model that ends in "7", such as the model 57 in the 50-series; the model 67 in the 60-series, and so on. These are all 5-passenger 4-door sedans. The model 97 is the largest 5-passenger 4-door sedan. IF the model number ends in a "6", it is a two-door coupe, such as the model 56 in the 50-series; the model 66 in the 60-series, etc.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Thank you very much Pete and Phatcat for reacting and explaining my question. At least i know what to look for.

If you know anyone that might sell the Buick i am searching for please do not hesitate to send me a message.

Thanks again, Johan

And one more question, so i presume that series on my picture that i uploaded is a Buick 1932 97 5 passenger right?

But when i look it up on internet for some comparing, all the rear windows are not as wide as the one shown on the picture.

Could any one tell me why this is? The only model i know is a Buick 90 L but this has a much longer wheel base.

Thanks in advance, Johan

In this era the seven passenger sedans often had a longer body, with more rear overhang, than the corresponding five passenger model. In 1932 Buick did a Series 90 seven passenger sedan, Model 90. The 90L is the same thing with a divider window inside. The Model 97 is the shorter body five passenger model. All use the same 134" wheelbase. I think the car in this picture is a Model 90, as PhatCat said in his post.

The car in the picture I believe was here on long island for many many years, in Cedarhurst, N.Y. It was a 90 series , 7 passenger sedan. An all original car that

had been stored in a concrete block garage (prior to the owner who had it when this photo was taken) in Queens , N.Y. It was a very straight solid car with surface rust on the hood, rear fenders and splash pan over the gas tank. Original cloth interior was good , but due to damp storage may not have lasted to long once the car was put in regular use. Plating was good but the radiator shell needed to be replated as it was peeling. The car was sold, and I believe is no longer in the USA.

Hello Walt,

Thanks a lot for your time to describe the car and tell some history about it. To bad it's not there anymore. I just have to keep on searching i guess.

Regards Johan

Johan, you might be interested in the following book,

which has photographs of nearly every Buick model

from the beginning in 1903, through 1973:

"Seventy Years of Buick," by George H. Dammann.

Crestline Publishing.

Although it is long out of print, it is an excellent reference,

and still a very desirable book for a Buick fan.

You should be able to find used copies on the internet,

such as at www.bookfinder.com, for maybe $50 to $75 in

excellent condition.