HVAG vacuum line from ck valve to where?

Guest ensign83

Guest ensign83

Happy MLK,

The ventilation motor died in my '88 so I replaced it Saturday with an NOS Delco. Installation into that tight spot went well.

However, upon moving the big wrapped wiring harness between the engine and the firewall out of the way, the thin plastic vacuum tubing for the HVAC system broke, and I cannot find the other end that I need to reconnect it to!

The end from the splitter just aft of the check valve is visible, but where it broke off from is not, at least with my poor eyesight. I suspect like in my Camaros that this vacuum tubing is enclosed in the big wire harness for protection, and that the other end has receded into the harness. Before I slice that harness to fish it out, I just want to make sure i am not looking in the wrong area for the tubing that runs thru the firewall to control the vent settings. Cruise is hooked up so it is not that, and my HVAC only runs with both the heater and defrost working in default. At least it is warm in the car!

Thanks for any advice as usual,

Mike

Edited by ensign83 (see edit history)

Guest ensign83
It goes to the bottom of the HVAC programmer by the glove box.

Indeed.

However, how does it get from there to the T-connection at the engine?

I opened the large wire harness and it is not tucked in there... after it broke, all I have is 6" of tubing from the T aft of the check valve.

I cannot find the rest of the tubing to the firewall IN the ENGINE compartment, under the hood.

Thanks

Guest ensign83

THANKS, John!

"I adjusted everything I could and it still won't run!" was turning into "I tore open everything I could and it still no vacuum line!"!

So, the pigtail that plugs into the new fan motor I installed contains the vacuum line to the firewall and controller, if I am looking at yr great foto correctly.

It sure would be good to regain control of my vent settings. I'll look there after work.

Thanks again!