401 Nailhead pistons NOS

Rooster

Ken, in addition to your search for Buick NOS look for NORS from back when those engines were contemporary and from name brands like TRW, SealedPower, etc.

Those old boys over at V8Buick hate Egge, but after 80,000 miles a set in a 322 has shown no problems...they are just a lower compression 'compromise' and had a wide variation in weight

Willie

Thanks Willie. Yes, the Egge don't get a good reputation over there that's why I have posted here. There are companies called Sealed Power / Federal Mogul and Engine Tech that do pistons but I can't seem to get any feedback on those. The lower compression Egge probably would go OK with our 91 RON fuel here. We can get up to 98 RON but it's more expensive and not readily available. As for the weight variation ---- I intend to get it all balanced so those variances could be addressed at that time ?

That's a pretty good price. Although their shipping quote is on the high side for me.

Higher than a ring and pinion?:D

Go back to the Summit site and get the part number and search for other suppliers.

Shipping to an address in the USA would be free and for that reason they don't give a shipping weight. If you find the shipping weight calculate USPS costs and I will try to help you again.

Willie

Thanks for the offer Willie. I'm looking at a set on Evilbay, comes with rings although I don't need them. Shipping is fair.

The difference between the ring & pinion shipping and these are that the R&P could fit into a flat rate box up to 20 pounds for a reasonable set price. A set of 8 pistons and packaging won't, hence the higher price.

Carmen Faso, do they have a website ?