For Sale BARN FIND 1952 Chrysler New Yorker convertible

Guest 1952NewYorkerconvertible

Now that it's out of the " barn" a picture of it washed would be helpful to potential buyers. I don' t see the value lowered by removing the dirt and dust. Pictures of the engine bay and interior would help too!

A half hour to wash it and a couple of hours on a buff and wax job might garner some interest.

It just looks like no one cares.

I like it though.

I agree. With all the dust it's hard to see how good the chrome is. As well as if there is any issues with the body or paint. The interior looks to be well done and I see what looks like some new trim but some looks like it might be pitted. It also looks like there might be a dent in the quarter and no holes for the rocker molding on one side(quarter repaired?). You definitely want to emphasize all the best it has to offer. I like it but as usual too many cars and not enough money.

That same N-Yorker Convert car.... but a much much better old restoration sold for $12,500 in Tri-Cities Wash. a couple months ago.

Sorry to say but IMO the OP's car is not worth the asking price. Hood is bent...chrome is pitted, the car was presented in a dirty who cares condition ect.

The C52 converts go for $40-$60,000 in #1 condition. They must be perfect. Not a big demand for them.

I'm not saying whether the price is hi or low but the one you say sold for 12,500 would have been a smoking bargain in my opinion. Pickup up any paper, go to any website and find almost any convertible pre 1960 for that kind of money and it will not run or drive and will need major work. I understand demand but I think there is a general demand for almost any pre 1960 convertible that drives them beyond that mark.

The one in Tri-Cities was a small estate auction sale. These 1951-2 chryslers can get you into a very costly restoration as all the chrome is potmetal, hemi engine rebuilds done correctly and with quality (good) parts are very expensive.

The M-6 transmissions are costly to fix if required. Input shafts, blocker ring and sleeve's, rotor pump and extension housings hard to find ect.

Fluid Torque drive issues are very costly to fix and to really find a shop or person who can do the repairs properly.

Other than these few issues...well an exciting and rare car!

I've had a few of these 1951-2 chrysler cars and really do like them!

I would have jumped on the 21,500. It looks like it might need paint work and as soon as you mention that and any extent of chroming you lose alot of potential customers. Ask me about a 48 Plymouth Convertible that's road ready, well sorted that needs a paint job that I can't get 15,000 for with 90 percent new chrome, tires top and interior.

I own a 54 Windsor convertible which is a survivor. doesn't look that good but I drive it a lot. I can't get $21,500 for my car, maybe $15,000. take the offer and watch the tail lites. if the car can be made to drive well without a lot of money spent, do that, drive it for a while, and then sell or keep , however you decide. really nice car, fun and surprisingly fast. skyler