My 93 must have a jumbi.

drummerboy

I've been having an electrical issue with my 93. When I open the door, I have no interor lights but when I turn the key, the interior lights come on and stay on. When I remove the key, the lights stay on for a while (maybe five min.) and then go out. Sometimes they go out right away as the key is removed but lately the interior lights have always come on when the key is turned in the ignition. Any thoughts before I call an exorcist?

There is a channel of wires that are spliced together in a plastic channel directly under the front seats that can only be reached by removal of seats and rolling back the carpet. If there has been moisure in the car the connections get corroded [they are not soldered] and all kinds of Gremlins appear. The ground connections are on the passenger side [where I would start] and the power connections are under the drivers side. The power side usually isn't the problem mostly the ground side.

It's a "fun" project you get to pull the connections apart, clean and then solder them.

We talk about this all the time at our Reatta site. You might want to check us out. After all the Baby Rivs are only extended Reattas with a back seat and different body panels...