"SUPER " Script attachment for my 1955

Tony M

The script was originally held in by friction with small retainers that snapped in the holes. Even if you find the retainers I personally don't like the ease with which the script can be removed by anyone at anyplace. I had the same access problem some trim pieces. I use a 3/4" hole saw to gain access to the back of the fender and used an extension to screw on the pal nuts. I closed the holes with dum dum and finger clip type hole plugs. interior trim hides your work. Just one way to skin this cat..............Bob

Thank you Bob and Willie and Paul. I checked out restoration specialties and sent them an email explaining what I am trying to do here. This is one of my "minor" projects that I am working on with the 55. Along with Getting the front seat redone, (original black and red material), new carpet, (Daytona Weave), motor mounts, remove oil pan and clean up. Getting ready for the World of Wheels show in Chicago in March, Buick Nationals in St. Louis, and regional in Green Bay.

Thanks again.post-101800-143142943935_thumb.jpg Tony M

Locking the script on with some form of speed nut is a possibility but in my opinion it should not be done to prevent someone from trying to steal it. If it's locked on it will surely break as they try to pry it off. Then you'll have body damage and a broken script too. Those plastic anchors have held on my 56 Super scripts all these years, and if there is a little more security needed, I would use a dab of silicone adhesive in the anchors. Just my opinion.