53 SPECIAL 41D TRUNK

sweetpotato

I'M READY TO TACKLE THE TRUNK AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS PICTURES OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT MIGHT HELP ME. I SAVED A FEW SCRAPS OF MATERIAL THAT WERE IN THE TRUNK BUT THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH TO USE FOR PATTERNS. NONE OF THE CARDBOARD PANELS ON THE SIDES AND BEHIND THE SEAT WERE THERE. ANOTHER QUESTION I HAVE IS A SOURCE FOR REASONABLY PRICED LINING MATERIAL. CARS HAS IT FOR $69 PER YARD BUT WAS HOPING FOR SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE REASONABLE IF POSSIBLE. I WANT TO DO A DECENT JOB BUT THIS WON'T BE A SHOW CAR SO THE EXACT PATTERN ON THE MATERIAL IS NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP. BOB

• 1 year later...

I have a roll of trunk floor lining material that I bought a year ago for my 1950 Roadmaster. Bought two rolls because I thought it would take 1-1/2 rolls to do the car, but it turned out that one roll was enough to do the entire trunk floor. It is a rubberized mat with felt backing, close pattern to the original, but not quite correct. Since a Special is smaller than a Roadmaster, I'm sure this one roll would cover the entire trunk floor. $50 plus postage, which would probably be around $19 since this weighs 2 or 3 pounds. The original liner for the 1953 Special is more of a light brown with a miniature chain link pattern in the cloth. Can't help you on the cardboard siding, but reproduction trunk cardboard siding can be found on Ebay usually. There's a company in Pennsylvania that reproduces it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338, Leonard, TX

post-77451-0-84243800-1452971141_thumb.j

post-77451-0-30879900-1452971159_thumb.j

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)