WE'RE TALKIN: Stone Deflectors; Rear Gravel Guards; Cover, Bumper

40ZephSedan

post-45349-143142933777_thumb.jpg

Let's start a thread all owners can Thread Search now and in the future for help on these bumper covers. If the Autenticity Manual does not provide all that we need, we can start developing an Authenticity Thread ourselves with everyones help and combined inputs. Let's post photos, dimensions, P/N info, old stock & repro availibility info, paint info, suppliers, etc. for prewar & post war, Zephyrs and Continentals, and you may provide someone help they would really appreciate! For example, a question I have is what does this cover look like at the center on Continentals where the bracket is mounted? Is there a special P/N with a notch, or is there enough room?

Here is a small start: The 1940 sedan bumper cover is narrower in the middle than the '41, and it has a sharper defined V crease in the center while the '41 has a smoother curve in the center. The '40 is 1-3/16" wide in the center. Paul

post-45349-143142933769_thumb.jpg

post-45349-143142933774_thumb.jpg

I bought one from Merv at the Santa Maria swap meet. Wife couldn't believe what I was willing to pay for a bent up, cracked, rusty piece of metal. I haven't shown her the bill from the body shop to put it into the shape you see here. As Jeff says, the car ran fine without it but I had a bad case of stone deflector envy.

post-31572-143142937673_thumb.jpg